Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Volkswagen - logistical plea (Trip part 3)

Volkswagen Dialogue Center-

Car sales are at their all time lowest. The American people want value for their dollar and I truly believe in the product Volkswagen has to offer. I fully believe that my tour of the nation will showcase VW in all the areas that make Volkswagen quality, especially comfort, practicality and reliability, major selling points for separating VW from its competitors.

Starting March 23rd I will be logging close to 30,000 miles in 3 months around the United States, all of these miles on the open road, passing hundreds of thousands of families and individuals, my VW an open marketing tool. While I would love a newer VW to show off the advances in technology and comfort I was hoping VW would be willing to cover a bumper to bumper fine tune of my '81 Westy to ensure its reputation on the trip.

As further advertising, in addition to the on-road conversations, I am going to be writing and posting photos daily during my trip on a blog that is read by hundreds if not thousands, its pages turned into a book upon my return that will include as a main character my Volkswagen.

I thank you for taking the time to consider my inquiry and ask that you give some thought to my logistical argument before rendering your final verdict, as I know it could be of tremendous benefit to us both.

Thank you for your time,

Andrew Donaldson
541-908-0897
216 NE Plymouth Cir.
Corvallis, OR 97330
USA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Volkswagens... I love 'em. My old man works for VW/Audi Financial Services. We've had so many VWs: 2 Beetles, 1 Golf, 2 GTIs, 5 Jettas, 5 Passats, 1 A3, and 1 A4 (being an employee has it's perks). My fav was the 2004 Jetta GLI - fun car.

I hope VW responds well to your letter.

Have fun on the trip.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea. I think people would enjoy seeing this whole experience fold out. I don't know much about VW but from the way you talk about it I would pay attention to how everything went and learn more. I think the writing is good, it might be good to explain a bit more on how the trip will catch the interest of people and be a benefit for VW.

Anonymous said...

brian z.
I think this is a very neat idea and I hope that VW takes you up on your offer because it would be a great marketing tool during this rough economic time. It sounds like it will be a fun/ny experience and just reading your blog makes me curious about where your going in the 30,000 miles and leaves me wanting to check out your blog and photos.

Anonymous said...

Andrew, sounds like an awesome trip. I am doing a sort of similar trip this summer, only in the form of hiking, and only 3 states (CA-OR-WA). Someday I will also do my own 30,000 mile road trip like you. Take care.

AD said...

Pat, they said no go.... Any help from the old man you can forsee? =-)